During a Full Moon, spiritual effects intensify so it’s only natural that a super full moon increases that intensity.
Full moons provide a natural opportunity to look inward and determine what you need most at this particular moment. A time of deep reflection and inner listening. It is the perfect time to consider yourself and how you’re feeling about the world around you. Reflect, set a plan, and see it through the next phase.
The full moon is a great time to do rituals or set intentions making your connection to these practices stronger and more profound.
Here’s our guide to soaking in and embodying the super full moon magic.
1) Charge your crystals
The full moon has major regenerative effects on crystals and spiritual tools of all kinds. Imagine them as little sponges - leaving your stones out overnight where they can absorb the moonlight (whether outside or on a windowsill) will have them soak up all the lunar energy and be fresh, recharged and ready to reconnect with.
If you’re like us and have quite the collection of crystals, it’s most important to charge the more regularly used stones. So if you’ve got a crystal under your bed, at your desk, in your wallet and these are all areas of high traffic, our suggestion would be to charge these first. Another thing to consider is what intentions you’ll be setting this super full moon. An example of this would be that you’re manifesting wealth and financial growth, then you might consider getting your pyrite out and charging that piece under the moon so that it’s fresh and ready to support you.
Don't have any crystals to charge? Want to start your collection CLICK HERE https://www.lionandlambthelabel.com/collections/crystals
2) Meditate. Meditation is a skill everyone should utilise and meditating under a full moon can be especially powerful. We’ve linked 3 of our most used guided meditations below for those who may need a little support.
Grab our recycled rubber and natural cork meditation/yoga mat and sink into relaxation. CLICK HERE https://www.lionandlambthelabel.com/collections/living-eco-body/products/eco-yoga-mat
3) Journal. Start small. If you’re new to this and feel as though you have nothing to write, start with 5 things you’re grateful for and 5 things you wish to improve. Journaling for 5 minutes a day can help with releasing emotions and feelings. Putting it on paper during a super full moon helps unload the things you may have subconsciously been carrying around.
4) Cleanse. Cleansing rituals are always beneficial for your heart, mind, body and soul, however, during the days before or after a Super Full moon, they are especially powerful. Smudging is an effective way to clear out the old and welcome in the new. You can use multiple different tools to do this. White sage, palo Santo, lavender, mugwort, incense, candles, cedar, coral, frankincense to name a few. CLICK HERE to shop cleansing tools https://www.lionandlambthelabel.com/collections/spiritual-smudging
These steps apply whether you’re smudging yourself, your home, or an object. The steps below are a generalised guide to most smudging tools.
- Light the end of a sage bundle with a match. Blow out if it catches on fire.
- The tips of the leaves should smoulder slowly, releasing thick smoke. Direct this smoke around your body and space with one hand while holding the bundle in the other. If you’re doing your room or house, walk anticlockwise making your way through each room until you’re back to where you started.
- Allow the aroma to linger on the areas of your body or surroundings you’d like to focus on. Using your other hand fan to help direct the smoke. In a home focus on dark areas or corners that may not receive a lot of light. This will help move any stagnant energies.
- Allow the ash to collect in a ceramic bowl or abalone shell.
5) Intuition. Seeing repetitive numbers such as 555, 11:11, 4444, or word repetition, having vivid dreams, experiencing déjàvu and hightened emotions are all signs you’re an intuitive individual. Whatever you are feeling called to do, and whatever feelings arise lean into them, these are all signs and universal messages. Loosen your grip on what you think you need to be doing and just breathe, observe, and allow the energies to heal and empower you.
With this Supermoon (May 26th) let your mind, body, and soul align with your true core values and dig deep into becoming your true authentic self. The lunar eclipse will be an extremely powerful time for cleansing our emotional state and setting new intentions for renewal and rejuvenation in the coming months.
Happy super full moon, sending you all so much love and light and remember when manifesting change or direction consider this phrase - this, or something better 💫
Smudging image - by MindBodyGreen
Moon image - by ABC News/Dylan O'Donnell